The Investment Associate Programme 2021
We are once again opening up our Investment Associate Programme for H2 2021! We’re passionate about being part of and supporting the startup industry, and we have run this programme for a number of years to be a springboard into the ecosystem.
We’re looking to hire our next Investment Associate to join us in June, where you will join the investment team for a period of 4 to 6 months. During this time, you’ll get an immense amount of responsibility, accountability, and exposure to early-stage venture. You’ll meet with founders, research markets and opportunities, support deals, contribute to fund strategy, and represent Forward.
To be successful in your application, here are a few things that we’ll be looking for:
- A passion for startups and technology - we’re in the business of financing the future after all!
- Strong analytical skills - deal due diligence and contribution to fund strategy requires quantitative expertise. Typical activities include analysing complex business models, financial models and asset valuation.
- Research capabilities - we read, research and write a lot. We'd love for you to be able to contribute to this while you're with us.
- An agile mind - we look at all sorts of businesses within our 3 sector focuses of applied AI, marketplaces and e-commerce. We’re invested in accountancy, chinos, law, plants, VR, childcare, mobility, sleep, pop-up shops, payments, cybersecurity, farming, credit, …the list goes on. Getting up to speed quickly with new businesses and markets is a key skill.
- Effective proactivity - if you’re someone who asks questions, expands your network, and seeks to take on and own accountability and initiatives you’ll fit right in.
The skills required to be successful within the investment and startup ecosystem are varied and diverse, and with that we welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. You don’t need to understand the inner workings of VC, that’s something that we’ll immerse you in right away.
Following the programme, we’ll do everything that we can to support your move into the ecosystem. Previous Investment Associates have gone on to positions at Octopus Ventures, Frog Capital and some of London’s best startups.
This position is salaried at £25k (pro-rated) and what we can offer alongside that is a huge amount of learning, a great platform to get into the ecosystem, and being a part of a world-class team of investors and startup specialists.
If you’re thinking about getting into tech whether as an investor or operator, or you’re already in it and thinking about a change-up, we’d love to hear from you.
The application process from here
- Applications can be made here. The application deadline is 16th May 2021 and only after closing the role will we be reviewing all of the applications, so expect a short delay in hearing back from us.
- Successful applicants will be asked to complete a short questionnaire to allow us to get to know you a little more.
- Following this, you may be invited to interview with us. There will be three interviews in total, together allowing us to assess your ability to analyse problems and synthesise information, and to hear about your experiences and why you’re excited about this opportunity.
- For all applicants that reach an interview stage, we’re committed to providing feedback if you don’t make it through to the next stage. Sadly we’re unable to provide feedback to applicants earlier in the process.
You can apply here. We're looking forward to hearing from you!